Land management and agri-environment consultant
- UK independent technical adviser for the revision of Less Favoured Areas (LFAs) and modelling of Areas Facing Natural Constraints, (Defra).
- Manager for the LEADER-funded Yorkshire Dales Hill Farm Apprentice Scheme.
- Senior expert, IPARD programme, Agri-environment, LFA and capacity building, Croatia.
- Senior expert, LFA validation, Kosovo.
- Member of four Countryside and Community Research Institute (CCRI) teams on studies on aspects of England's Rural Development and cross-compliance Programmes, and impacts of EU rural development policies.
- External quality control expert for evaluation of Czech Rural Development programme.
- Adviser to House of Lords Environment and Agriculture EU select committee review of Less Favoured Areas.
- Project manager for Government national 'State of the Environment' report.
- Facilitator for common land agri-environment agreement on behalf of Lancashire County Council.